August 1, 2007

This Woman Will Play Tabula Rasa

Okay, okay, it's not a comic book... but I really really want to love this game. After kicking the habit of World of Warcraft (WoW), Tabula Rasa looks like just the thing to scratch that itch.

I want to be that kickass chick in the picture and blast all the monster aliens to Kingdom Come. I want to be a sniper perched on a hill and off the Bane one by one - is that weird?

This mmorpg (massively multiplayer online role playing game) should be out by holiday 2007, and is brought to you by Richard Garriott a.k.a. "Lord British". It's got quite a buzz and I had the chance to play a bit at Comic-con. The shooting aspect is just my style - sticky targeting (meaning I don't have to hold my breath so I don't accidentally move the mouse one micron and miss the target).

Tabula Rasa is in closed beta now (you can sign up here) which means they are still working out the release version. It looks like NCSoft, the publisher, is going for an easy play style. That means I can play the game for an hour at a time if I want to which is nice because I don't need an addiction right now (read: WoW). Let's cross our fingers and hope this one lives up to the hype.

No comments: